Please print, fill, and submit the following application to our office located at 406 E. Main St. Elida, OH 45807 | Village of Elida Employment Application
Active Job Posting: Wastewater Superintendent
A. RESPONSIBLE TO: Village Administrator
B. GENERAL DUTIES: To meet the needs of the Village in maintaining the
wastewater system and coordinating those activities with other departments
to assure maximum results. To assist in the planning of future upgrading and
development of the wastewater system. To work cooperatively with all other
- Possess a State of Ohio CDL license.
- Possess at minimum a Class II State of Ohio Wastewater Plant
Operator’s license with the ability to obtain a Class III, if needed.
- Ability to understand the basics of the wastewater system.
- Ability to operate and/or install all equipment necessary for the
- Ability to work with other political subdivisions cooperatively.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance at wastewater treatment
facility, lift station, and wastewater collection systems.
- Ability to follow directions and be a team player.
- Ability to be pleasant and work with community residents.
D. SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Run daily samples on all tanks.
- Pull sludge daily.
- Inspect wastewater treatment facility daily, and provide any routine
- Inspect detention pond periodically every day to assure proper
operation and provide any routine maintenance.
- Inspect Village lift station daily and complete all routine maintenance
- Maintain an accurate inventory of supplies and materials to provide
routine maintenance when needed.
- Check chemicals to insure they are being properly administered and
that we have an adequate supply.
- Set up and take off samples using the Village wastewater treatment
lab to assure quality assurance and compliance with EPA wastewater
quality standards contained in the Village of Elida permit.
- Submit all reports required by governmental agencies having jurisdiction
over wastewater facilities.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain wastewater collection system including
cleaning sewers, eliminating inflow infiltration and any other tasks
necessary to insure the proper operation of the collection system.
- Maintain wastewater treatment plant and grounds; cleaning, mowing,
clearing, and keeping policed.
- Assist in preventative maintenance on all equipment and vehicles.
- Provide inspection for Village sewer taps.
- Supervise and coordinate all activities in the wastewater treatment
and collection system.
- Keep accurate records and maintain files on all activities pertinent to
the wastewater department.
- Any other duties assigned by the Village Administrator.